Not one of my students!

Not one of my students!
Not One of My Students!

Welcome - Baruchim Habaim

Welcome - Baruchim Habaim
Welcome - Baruchim Habaim

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Inspired by Pirkei Avot

For many years, my husband has studied with pre-B'nai Mitzvah students and guided them in the preparation of their D'vrei Torah. Two of his recent students expressed an interest in further text study, so my husband prepared a lesson on Pirkei Avot (The Ethics of the Fathers). As part of their exploration of this body of Jewish wisdom, he asked them to create a Teaching in the spirit of Pirkei Avot. The results deserve to be shared. (The students are identified by their initials.)

The Teaching of A.J.
"If you don't recognize change in the world, then nothing is different."

The Teaching of D.S.
"Stay on task even when it seems difficult for someday it will help you."

The Sages of Pirkei Avot would be proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment